Man gets another wrong water bill topping $66K
DALLAS (AP) - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Dallas man says he's shocked to have been swamped with a nearly $67,000 erroneous water bill a few months after a similar computer error.
Tom Hoffman says he is looking forward to getting a new bill after the latest mistake that Dallas officials blame on a bad water meter.
A local television reported Monday that Hoffman canceled his auto-payment system earlier this year after getting a water bill for more than $66,000. Hoffman's financial accounts were frozen before the error was fixed.
Now it's happened again.
City of Dallas spokesman Frank Librio says the stuck meter has been replaced and accurate billing will follow.
Librio also apologized for the error and the inconvenience to Hoffman.
dallas, texas, money, trending
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 11 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 10 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 58 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar