Man gets another wrong water bill topping $66K
DALLAS (AP) - July 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Dallas man says he's shocked to have been swamped with a nearly $67,000 erroneous water bill a few months after a similar computer error.
Tom Hoffman says he is looking forward to getting a new bill after the latest mistake that Dallas officials blame on a bad water meter.
A local television reported Monday that Hoffman canceled his auto-payment system earlier this year after getting a water bill for more than $66,000. Hoffman's financial accounts were frozen before the error was fixed.
Now it's happened again.
City of Dallas spokesman Frank Librio says the stuck meter has been replaced and accurate billing will follow.
Librio also apologized for the error and the inconvenience to Hoffman.
dallas, texas, money, trending
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet 32 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing...
32 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos