One gem of a vacation
MURFREESBORO, Ark. (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Missouri man had a gem of a vacation.
Steve Vehige found a 2.05-carat brown diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas.
He was on his fourth visit to the park when he spotted the marble-shaped diamond on Saturday.
He's calling his gem the "Flint Hill Special," after his hometown and the song by Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.
So far this year, visitors have found more than 325 diamonds at the park.
The Flint Hill Special is the third weighing more than two carats found in 2013.
arkansas, vacations, trending
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act