One gem of a vacation
MURFREESBORO, Ark. (AP) - August 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Missouri man had a gem of a vacation.
Steve Vehige found a 2.05-carat brown diamond at Crater of Diamonds State Park in Arkansas.
He was on his fourth visit to the park when he spotted the marble-shaped diamond on Saturday.
He's calling his gem the "Flint Hill Special," after his hometown and the song by Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs.
So far this year, visitors have found more than 325 diamonds at the park.
The Flint Hill Special is the third weighing more than two carats found in 2013.
arkansas, vacations, trending
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 10 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 49 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 29 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
49 min ago