Shark found at door of 'Sea Dog' pub on Nantucket
NANTUCKET, Mass. (AP) - August 2, 2013 (WPVI) -- A cleaning crew has found an unexpected mess after arriving at Sea Dog Brew Pub on Nantucket: a 5-foot-long shark blocking the door.
Pub manager Jimmy Agnew says he doesn't know why anyone would have dumped the sea creature there.
Nantucket's public works department hauled the dead shark away after its discovery around 7 a.m. Thursday.
But Agnew said the pub fielded calls and questions all day long after word got out about the land shark.
He said a comedian whose band performs at the pub also posted a series of jokes about it on Facebook.
One suggested the shark went to Sea Dog "to meet his chums."
massachusetts, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos