Usually it's cats up a tree
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Usually it's cats who end up being stuck up trees and in need of rescue.
Instead of a tabby it was a dog name Laddy who ended up literally out on a limb.
The 7-year-old border collie had been missing for two days.
And when the dog was finally found - it was just two blocks from his home - stuck up a tree.
Ron Stevenson tells the Quad-City Times he was working in the yard when he heard a dog whining.
Once he tracked the sound, he found the dog at least 10 feet high in the tree.
The dog's owner says Laddy was probably chasing a squirrel when he treed himself.
iowa, dogs, pets, trending
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)