Usually it's cats up a tree
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - August 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Usually it's cats who end up being stuck up trees and in need of rescue.
Instead of a tabby it was a dog name Laddy who ended up literally out on a limb.
The 7-year-old border collie had been missing for two days.
And when the dog was finally found - it was just two blocks from his home - stuck up a tree.
Ron Stevenson tells the Quad-City Times he was working in the yard when he heard a dog whining.
Once he tracked the sound, he found the dog at least 10 feet high in the tree.
The dog's owner says Laddy was probably chasing a squirrel when he treed himself.
iowa, dogs, pets, trending
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del. 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 15 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 20 min ago
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Pfizer recalls antidepressant Effexor 8 min ago
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 48 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber