Bad parking leads to arrest
ROTTERDAM, New York (AP) - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- There are people who feel the way some motorists park should be a crime.
In this case, it was - sort of.
Police in New York State say a man wanted on a probation violation ended up being arrested because he parked so poorly.
A state police investigator spotted a man as he tried to back his vehicle into a parking space at a truck stop in Rotterdam, New York.
Police say the investigator took note of the man because he parked crookedly, taking up two spaces in the process.
When the man walked away, he recognized Matthew Bergeron from previous arrests - and knew he was a suspect in a burglary and was wanted on outstanding warrants in a neighboring county.
He was taken into custody without incident - and sent to jail.
new york, automobiles, dumb criminals, trending
- More Snow on the Way 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 18 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 24 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
14 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
25 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
18 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
23 min ago