Bad parking leads to arrest
ROTTERDAM, New York (AP) - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- There are people who feel the way some motorists park should be a crime.
In this case, it was - sort of.
Police in New York State say a man wanted on a probation violation ended up being arrested because he parked so poorly.
A state police investigator spotted a man as he tried to back his vehicle into a parking space at a truck stop in Rotterdam, New York.
Police say the investigator took note of the man because he parked crookedly, taking up two spaces in the process.
When the man walked away, he recognized Matthew Bergeron from previous arrests - and knew he was a suspect in a burglary and was wanted on outstanding warrants in a neighboring county.
He was taken into custody without incident - and sent to jail.
new york, automobiles, dumb criminals, trending
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 21 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 12 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 37 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 48 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 45 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 44 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 35 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
37 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
48 min ago