Bad parking leads to arrest
ROTTERDAM, New York (AP) - August 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- There are people who feel the way some motorists park should be a crime.
In this case, it was - sort of.
Police in New York State say a man wanted on a probation violation ended up being arrested because he parked so poorly.
A state police investigator spotted a man as he tried to back his vehicle into a parking space at a truck stop in Rotterdam, New York.
Police say the investigator took note of the man because he parked crookedly, taking up two spaces in the process.
When the man walked away, he recognized Matthew Bergeron from previous arrests - and knew he was a suspect in a burglary and was wanted on outstanding warrants in a neighboring county.
He was taken into custody without incident - and sent to jail.
new york, automobiles, dumb criminals, trending
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 37 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 43 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 21 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
43 min ago