Batman and Capt. America rescue a cat
MILTON, W.Va. (AP) - September 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Who says superheroes aren't real?
When a West Virginia home caught fire, trapping a kitten inside, it was Batman and Captain America who came to the rescue.
John Buckland, dressed as Batman, and Troy Marcum, dressed as Captain America, saw smoke at a house nearby when they were entertaining children as part of their business. They ran to the house along with another bystander, kicked in the door and broke out a window so some smoke could escape.
Buckland, a former firefighter, says he crawled into the front room and felt something furry. He grabbed the animal, ran outside and gave it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
No one was hurt in the fire, including the rescuers - though Buckland says the cat hissed and swatted at him when it regained consciousness.
west virginia, animal rescue, animals, pets, batman, trending
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash 59 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 46 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 29 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 28 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice 48 min ago
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 31 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
59 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
29 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
28 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
46 min ago