Why you shouldn't text and drive
WALDORF, Md. (AP) - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Washington DC woman now knows all about the danger of texting while driving.
The Charles County, Maryland, Sheriff's Office reports the woman lost control of her car and ended up in a lake.
The woman told authorities she was texting behind the wheel.
The 25-year-old driver managed to escape from her car through a window.
Officials say she didn't have any visible signs of being hurt, but was taken to a hospital for observation.
Deputies are investigating and say charges are pending.
maryland, automobiles, accident, dumb criminals, texting, trending
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Couple files suit over Lower Twp. blast 31 min ago
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall 13 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier