Why you shouldn't text and drive
WALDORF, Md. (AP) - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Washington DC woman now knows all about the danger of texting while driving.
The Charles County, Maryland, Sheriff's Office reports the woman lost control of her car and ended up in a lake.
The woman told authorities she was texting behind the wheel.
The 25-year-old driver managed to escape from her car through a window.
Officials say she didn't have any visible signs of being hurt, but was taken to a hospital for observation.
Deputies are investigating and say charges are pending.
maryland, automobiles, accident, dumb criminals, texting, trending
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 32 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 58 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 19 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 24 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
19 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos