Why you shouldn't text and drive
WALDORF, Md. (AP) - September 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Washington DC woman now knows all about the danger of texting while driving.
The Charles County, Maryland, Sheriff's Office reports the woman lost control of her car and ended up in a lake.
The woman told authorities she was texting behind the wheel.
The 25-year-old driver managed to escape from her car through a window.
Officials say she didn't have any visible signs of being hurt, but was taken to a hospital for observation.
Deputies are investigating and say charges are pending.
maryland, automobiles, accident, dumb criminals, texting, trending
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 30 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ