Van carrying clowns crashes in Pa.
YORK, Pa. (AP) - September 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- Good thing they weren't crammed in a clown car.
Pennsylvania police said a minivan with two clowns inside crashed outside the York Fair around 6 p.m. Wednesday when the driver missed the entrance and collided with an SUV while making a U-turn.
The minivan was also pulling a trailer with a clown car.
Police said the driver, 83-year-old James Billingsley of York, also known as "Dimples the Clown," suffered a minor bump on the head. His passenger clown, 77-year-old Norman Clouser of York, was unhurt.
Police said "Dimples" was wearing clown shoes but the oversized footwear apparently didn't play a role in the crash.
West York Borough police Sgt. Brad Thomas said both vehicles had to be towed. He didn't know if the clowns ever made it to the fair.
pennsylvania news, automobiles, accident, trending
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Phila. Airport
- After a Cold Night, Temps Rebound
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours 36 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion 54 min ago
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 8th body recovered after NYC explosion
54 min ago