The gift you shouldn't give
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - September 17, 2013 (WPVI) -- A half-ounce of pot may not be the best present for a school principal.
Authorities in Rhode Island charge special education assistant Christopher Michael Sheehan gave his boss the illegal weed, as a gift for being named Providence Principal of the Year.
Sheehan was arraigned yesterday on charges of unlawful delivery of marijuana in a school zone.
The Providence Journal reports Sheehan has been released on bail and suspended without pay.
rhode island, illegal drugs, marijuana, school, trending
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 23 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Video: Raw video from scene of NYC explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 11 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 22 min ago
- Police ID man killed in shooting that led to standoff 32 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 19 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 18 min ago
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 35 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 9 min ago