Man charged with DUI on riding lawn mower
MURRYSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania man has been charged with driving drunk while carrying an open can of beer - on a riding lawn mower.
Murrysville police say they found 55-year-old Thomas Marrone driving the mower along a road just before 1:30 a.m. Aug. 30.
Police say Marrone smelled of alcohol and had an open can of Coors Light beer in the mower's storage compartment. They say he told them he was driving to his Murrysville home - some 6.4 miles away.
Marrone didn't immediately return a phone message left at his home Thursday, and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
pennsylvania news, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, trending
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 53 min ago
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion 53 min ago
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 6 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 30 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 22 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 48 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm