Man charged with DUI on riding lawn mower
MURRYSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A western Pennsylvania man has been charged with driving drunk while carrying an open can of beer - on a riding lawn mower.
Murrysville police say they found 55-year-old Thomas Marrone driving the mower along a road just before 1:30 a.m. Aug. 30.
Police say Marrone smelled of alcohol and had an open can of Coors Light beer in the mower's storage compartment. They say he told them he was driving to his Murrysville home - some 6.4 miles away.
Marrone didn't immediately return a phone message left at his home Thursday, and online court records don't list an attorney for him. He faces a preliminary hearing Tuesday on charges including driving under the influence and driving with a suspended license.
pennsylvania news, alcohol, DUI, dumb criminals, trending
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 1 min ago
- Milder Monday 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 1 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 1 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 1 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Milder Monday
40 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
1 min ago