Bear obeys bartender's command, leaves bar
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- If only all unwelcome bar guests were this obliging.
A black bear walked into the bar at the Alaskan Hotel in downtown Juneau on Monday night.
Bartender Ariel Svetlik-McCarthy says she freaked out and yelled, "No bear! Get out! No! You can't be in here!"
The bear complied, leaving the bar within seconds.
State biologist Ryan Scott says it's rare for black bears to go inside Juneau businesses, but they have wandered inside homes before.
He tells a local television station that the staff did a great job, and it was good news the bear left.
State wildlife officials have killed two nuisance bears in Juneau this summer.
alaska, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose