Bear obeys bartender's command, leaves bar
JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) - September 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- If only all unwelcome bar guests were this obliging.
A black bear walked into the bar at the Alaskan Hotel in downtown Juneau on Monday night.
Bartender Ariel Svetlik-McCarthy says she freaked out and yelled, "No bear! Get out! No! You can't be in here!"
The bear complied, leaving the bar within seconds.
State biologist Ryan Scott says it's rare for black bears to go inside Juneau businesses, but they have wandered inside homes before.
He tells a local television station that the staff did a great job, and it was good news the bear left.
State wildlife officials have killed two nuisance bears in Juneau this summer.
alaska, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 49 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 15 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire