Cop helps deliver surprise baby
CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) - September 27, 2013 (WPVI) -- A suburban Dallas police officer ended up playing midwife to one mother in labor.
Gene Kimpton says he entered a home in Carrollton Wednesday morning with his weapon drawn. All he knew is there was some sort of emergency situation in the house.
A young boy pointed Kimpton into the bathroom, where his mother - who hadn't realized she was pregnant - was in labor.
Kimpton helped guide the baby boy out and wrapped him in a towel until paramedics arrived and cut the umbilical cord.
Police say the mother and child are resting comfortably at an area hospital.
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 7 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 21 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
7 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
29 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
38 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
47 min ago