Birthday cake attacked in courthouse
KELSO, Wash. (AP) - October 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman in Washington state brought her child's birthday cake into a courthouse, thinking that would be safer than leaving it in the car with her dog. She realized her error when a stranger grabbed and ate handfuls of the cake.
The chocolate cake passed through a metal detector and was sitting on a table when it was attacked.
Cake and frosting went flying when a Cowlitz County sheriff's deputy grabbed the cake molester and took him to the ground. A local newspaper says more deputies rushed to help Tuesday, only to end up smeared with frosting.
Deputy Joe Connor told a local television station that 50-year-old Robert Fredrickson was arrested for investigation of third-degree theft. The Daily News says the man had been on his way to a court appearance.
A local grocery offered to replace the cake.
washington, food, trending
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 9 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 54 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 15 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
15 min ago
- 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
34 min ago