Bird is no longer on the lam
OLATHE, Kan. (AP) - October 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The big bird is no longer on the loose.
An escaped emu has been captured after causing a flap in a Kansas park.
The Kansas City Star reports the flightless ostrich-like bird was found running loose the other morning at Kill Creek Park, in Johnson County.
Park employees managed to herd the young emu into a building.
Officials say the likely owner is a nearby property owner.
kansas, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools relocating students, staff Friday 6 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Protests overshadow Mayor's budget address
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
46 min ago