Rescuing turtle, man bitten by snake
MIAMI (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was bitten by a rattlesnake while trying to help a stranded turtle across Interstate 75 in South Florida.
Miami Dade Fire Rescue reports that the man was placing the turtle into the grass by the side of the road Tuesday afternoon when the venomous Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake bit his hand.
A local newspaper reports that a friend immediately drove the 24-year-old man to a nearby hospital, where he was being treated with anti-venom. As of Tuesday night, the venom was only affecting the victim's left arm.
On Saturday, a ranger at Everglades National Park was bitten while trying to remove a snake from a storage closet. He was treated at a Homestead hospital.
florida, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused sex with student 16 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 8 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 55 min ago
- Temps Soar