Rescuing turtle, man bitten by snake
MIAMI (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man was bitten by a rattlesnake while trying to help a stranded turtle across Interstate 75 in South Florida.
Miami Dade Fire Rescue reports that the man was placing the turtle into the grass by the side of the road Tuesday afternoon when the venomous Eastern Diamondback rattlesnake bit his hand.
A local newspaper reports that a friend immediately drove the 24-year-old man to a nearby hospital, where he was being treated with anti-venom. As of Tuesday night, the venom was only affecting the victim's left arm.
On Saturday, a ranger at Everglades National Park was bitten while trying to remove a snake from a storage closet. He was treated at a Homestead hospital.
florida, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 24 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 30 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 9 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos