Dog that crashed half-marathon gets medal
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Indiana dog who became an Internet sensation after crashing a half marathon has won a medal - and an appointment with a veterinarian to nip his wandering ways in the bud.
The chocolate Labrador retriever named Boogie ran most of the 13.1 miles in Saturday's Evansville event and then was taken to Animal Control.
Owner Jerry Butts tells a local newspaper that the 100-pound dog slipped his leash Friday night. It was his fourth escape.
Butts says Boogie now has a microchip and an appointment to be neutered.
Boogie finished the race in 2 hours, 15 minutes. That's better than more than half of the race's participants.
indiana, animals, dogs, trending
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police respond to shooting report at Colo. school 5 min ago
- Drugs, $29K seized in raid at Rowan U. dorm 48 min ago
- Police search for missing Rider University student
- Coroner: Frat pledge died from head injuries
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila.
- Man arrested in car bomb plot at Kansas airport 19 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
- Driver facing drug charges after crash with police cruiser 49 min ago