Dog that crashed half-marathon gets medal
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - October 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- An Indiana dog who became an Internet sensation after crashing a half marathon has won a medal - and an appointment with a veterinarian to nip his wandering ways in the bud.
The chocolate Labrador retriever named Boogie ran most of the 13.1 miles in Saturday's Evansville event and then was taken to Animal Control.
Owner Jerry Butts tells a local newspaper that the 100-pound dog slipped his leash Friday night. It was his fourth escape.
Butts says Boogie now has a microchip and an appointment to be neutered.
Boogie finished the race in 2 hours, 15 minutes. That's better than more than half of the race's participants.
indiana, animals, dogs, trending
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 8 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos