Pizzeria robber hits just after bank drop
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - October 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a robber left with no money for his trouble when he arrived at a northwestern Pennsylvania pizzeria just after the crew had made a night bank deposit.
The Erie Times-News reports the man walked into a Papa John's store in Erie early Thursday wearing a black mask and carrying a revolver.
When an employee told the robber that the deposit had already been made, the suspect ran away.
Nobody was hurt in the incident, which Erie police say is the fifth targeting a business this month - including three aimed at pizzerias.
pennsylvania news, dumb criminals, robbery, trending
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 28 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos