Pizzeria robber hits just after bank drop
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - October 14, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a robber left with no money for his trouble when he arrived at a northwestern Pennsylvania pizzeria just after the crew had made a night bank deposit.
The Erie Times-News reports the man walked into a Papa John's store in Erie early Thursday wearing a black mask and carrying a revolver.
When an employee told the robber that the deposit had already been made, the suspect ran away.
Nobody was hurt in the incident, which Erie police say is the fifth targeting a business this month - including three aimed at pizzerias.
pennsylvania news, dumb criminals, robbery, trending
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 2 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 50 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 28 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
2 min ago
- Runyan's son follows in dad's footsteps
48 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
50 min ago