Get ready for a tight squeeze
(AP) - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thin is in -- when it comes to airline seats.
The air carriers are replacing older, bulky seats with slimline models.
The airlines will be able squeeze even more seats on a plane.
There's also less leg room.
That's bad news to Mike Lindsey, who's six-three.
He says he doesn't have an inch to spare.
But the airlines say passengers shouldn't notice the difference between the new and old seats.
The air carriers add the new seating gives something passengers want -- power plugs keep their electronic gizmos going on those long flights.
air travel, travel, trending
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 3 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County 56 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 32 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police