Bear gets locked inside SUV
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) - October 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- He was big, hairy and stuck in a SUV.
Police in a California mountain town came to the rescue after a bear locked himself inside the vehicle.
Truckee officers had to break out a window to let the animal go on his way.
It was the third time in two weeks a bear has gotten trapped inside a car in the ski town.
Authorities note bears can open car doors, so people are being reminded to lock their vehicles.
california, animals, wildlife preservation, automobiles, trending
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run 9 min ago
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
4 min ago
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
9 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos