Mom delivers her own baby on way to Pa. hospital
CLAIRTON, Pa. (AP) - October 18, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman says she delivered her own baby while her mother was driving her to a Pittsburgh hospital.
Heather Payo tells WPXI-TV that her mother was driving from Clairton, Pa., to Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC in Pittsburgh on Tuesday when Payo realized she wasn't going to arrive in time.
Payo says she ripped off her pants and delivered the infant, Jessica Rose, by reclining the front passenger seat. Heather Payo and her mother, Robin Payo, wrapped the baby in a flannel shirt before reaching the hospital.
Robin Payo says when they got to the hospital, someone said, "Oh, someone's having a baby." She says she replied, "No, we had a baby."
The next thing they know, Payo says, "Six guards and 20 people wearing scrubs came out."
Information from: WPXI-TV
pennsylvania news, pittsburgh, childbirth, trending
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser 26 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show