Authorities capture mysterious goat
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) - October 24, 2013 (WPVI) -- Animal control officers in Des Moines used a tranquilizer to capture a mysterious goat that had dived into traffic and was on the run for hours.
The Boer goat got a taste of freedom Wednesday morning as she evaded capture on the city's south side. The brown and white animal with floppy ears ran into traffic and eventually went into a fenced car dealership.
A local newspaper reports that officers chased the goat around the dealership before using a tranquilizer to stop her.
Officials say the goat appears to be healthy and uninjured. Authorities are now looking for her owner.
Last week, animal control workers in Des Moines took into custody a roughly 200-pound pot-bellied pig that had spent weeks on the loose in an east side neighborhood.
iowa, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 54 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239...
54 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos