Not liking their bell rung
BATH, Maine (AP) - November 12, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Maine church is attracting too much attention with its bell.
Neighbors of the First Baptist Church in Bath say the bell is now too loud, after the tower's clock was worked on about a year ago.
The innkeeper at the Kismet Inn says the complaints ring true.
She says she likes the bell during the day, but it keeps her guests up at night.
The Times Record reports the church and city officials will be conducting tests over the next couple weeks to dampen the noise.
- 40 homes threatened in NJ forest fire 10 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos