Wolly bears predict a mild winter
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) - November 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- If the woolly bear caterpillars are right, this winter won't be so bad.
The Hagers-town Town and Country Almanack is out with its annual woolly bear forecast.
Legend has it that markings on the caterpillars can predict the severity of the winter.
The Maryland almanac released its analysis of more than 270 caterpillars collected by area kids.
The caterpillar forecast is for a relatively mild winter in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The Hagerstown almanac is the nation's second-oldest, continuously published for 218 years.
maryland, animals, trending
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 11 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 7 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 9 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 48 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
9 min ago