Big steps for a little panda
WASHINGTON (AP) - November 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a big step for a little panda.
Officials at the National Zoo in Washington report their panda cub has taken her first baby steps.
The little panda cub crawled out of the den all by herself, but zoo keepers say she got tired and went to sleep in the doorway.
The panda will turn 100 days old on December first.
Her name will be announced then, in keeping with Chinese tradition.
The zoo says more than 99,000 people have voted in an online poll to name the little panda.
washington, d.c., animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing 42 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 40 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
40 min ago