Custody battle over a poodle
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (AP) - November 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's custody battle over a poodle.
A 10-year-old Detroit-area girl is suing her mom's ex to get her dog back.
Hannah Wise's lawsuit claims Mitchell Rechter won't return the dog named Mystery.
The Oakland Press reports Hannah and her mom, Adrienne Lenhoff, moved out of Rechter's home last spring.
The suit claims Rechter agreed to take care of the dog temporarily, while Hannah and her mother settled into a new home.
But Rechter's lawyer counters the dog was abandoned and Rechter wants to keep it.
A trial is set for July.
michigan, animals, pets, trending
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids