Custody battle over a poodle
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (AP) - November 20, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's custody battle over a poodle.
A 10-year-old Detroit-area girl is suing her mom's ex to get her dog back.
Hannah Wise's lawsuit claims Mitchell Rechter won't return the dog named Mystery.
The Oakland Press reports Hannah and her mom, Adrienne Lenhoff, moved out of Rechter's home last spring.
The suit claims Rechter agreed to take care of the dog temporarily, while Hannah and her mother settled into a new home.
But Rechter's lawyer counters the dog was abandoned and Rechter wants to keep it.
A trial is set for July.
michigan, animals, pets, trending
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures from Del. River minivan plunge 26 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 45 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Parents outraged by faked kidnapping
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer 49 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
1 min ago