Buy some if you can
ST. GEORGE, S.C. (AP) - December 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- It's a rare rum.
A South Carolina distiller is making a type of rum not widely produced in the U.S. High Wire Distilling fired up an almost 100-year-old sugar cane press to produce about 1,000 gallons of cane juice.
The sweet stuff will be used to produce a style of rum made on the French-speaking islands in the Caribbean.
The usual varieties of rum are made with refined sugar or molasses.
south carolina, alcohol, trending
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 27 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 26 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 7 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan...
15 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
8 min ago