Stolen headstones placed as road hazards
WATERFORD, Pa. (AP) - December 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- State police say someone stole headstones from a northwestern Pennsylvania cemetery - then placed them as road hazards on a nearby street.
Troopers in Erie County say several headstones were removed from Waterford Cemetery early Sunday. Police know that because motorists discovered them in the middle of the street of Waterford Township, a small community just southeast of Erie, about 12:30 a.m. that day.
Troopers from the Lawrence Park barracks are hoping witnesses will help them find who moved the stones.
pennsylvania news, trending
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 21 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 46 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 38 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ