Zebra escapes from farm, roams for weeks
CLEVELAND, Tenn. (AP) - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- The black-and-white-striped animal that's been spotted at different places around a Tennessee town isn't a funny-looking horse.
Nope, there's a zebra loose in East Tennessee.
Bradley County dispatchers say they've had several people call to report sightings of the animal - near homes, businesses and even a highway.
Although some people have tried to catch him, the animal named Zeek has remained elusive.
Zeek's owner, Ronald Price, told a local television station that the animal escaped from his farm in Cleveland about three weeks ago by jumping a high fence.
Price says he's keeping a watch out and hopes that someone is able to help Zeek return home safely.
tennessee, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 18 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim 2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 54 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run