Great gifts for guys - 2013
PHILADELPHIA - December 16, 2013 (WPVI) -- Long gone are the days of shopping for men when getting just season tickets or a jersey will make them happy.
Craig Arthur von Schroeder from Commonwealth Proper -- a custom house for men's fashion in Center City Philadelphia -- says the sports fan in your life can still celebrate his team in high style.
You can get everything from Philadelphia Union accessories to vintage jerseys from Mitchell and Ness.
If you are looking to splurge, von Shroeder says there's always a showpiece timepiece or a pair of status shoes.
"There's a new shoe shop here in Philadelphia called Tobox and it's the only place in Philly where you can get John Lobb shoes.... It is something men aspire to have in their lives - like a fancy car."
"Guys need face wash. Tell them. Guys need face wash."
You can book a romantic getaway to the Poconosm (like a night at Lake Naomi's Mountaintop Lodge in the Poconos with lift tickets) or Atlantic City. Or spend some quality time together learning to cook. Check out Nunzio's in Collingswood NJ or COOK in Center City for unique classes ranging in price from $50 and up.
Plus, von Shroeder says as a failsafe you can never go wrong with is a bottle of his favorite something strong paired with some tumblers and a flask.
"If you send your guy out to shovel the snow give him a flask."
You can pair Michters Whiskey with tumblers or Golia Vodka with a nice Flask for a something a little extra.
pennsylvania news, philadelphia news, delaware news, new jersey news, trending
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 5 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos