Semi overturns, spilling holiday hams on ramp
ATLANTA (AP) - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A truck overturned in metro Atlanta, spilling tons of hams onto an interstate ramp.
A local newspaper reports that the truck was hauling 40,000 pounds of hams Thursday around 4 a.m. when it overturned, spilling its cargo south of Atlanta. Authorities were working early Thursday to clear the ramp from Old National Highway to Interstate 85 southbound after the crash.
The cab of the truck was destroyed in the crash, which also caused a diesel fuel spill.
Truck driver, Rigo Vargas, said he was hauling the hams to Texas when he wrecked. He said he banged his head against the door when the rig flipped over, but wasn't seriously hurt.
atlanta, georgia, accident, food, trending
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 28 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos