Man named Noel climbs Christmas tree
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Connecticut man named Noel who climbed a tree decorated with Christmas lights has been arrested.
The electricity for the lights was cut as police and firefighters responded around noon Wednesday after Noel Delgado climbed the tree on the New Haven Green, a 16-acre park in downtown New Haven near Yale University.
Delgado had two banners in the tree. Police Lt. Jeff Hoffman tells the New Haven Register he shouted about various causes.
Officers talked with Delgado and persuaded him to climb down.
Delgado has been charged with breach of peace. Police say he refused medical treatment.
There's no telephone number listed for Delgado at his New Haven address.
connecticut, holidays, christmas, trending
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 10 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
10 min ago