Man named Noel climbs Christmas tree
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) - December 19, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Connecticut man named Noel who climbed a tree decorated with Christmas lights has been arrested.
The electricity for the lights was cut as police and firefighters responded around noon Wednesday after Noel Delgado climbed the tree on the New Haven Green, a 16-acre park in downtown New Haven near Yale University.
Delgado had two banners in the tree. Police Lt. Jeff Hoffman tells the New Haven Register he shouted about various causes.
Officers talked with Delgado and persuaded him to climb down.
Delgado has been charged with breach of peace. Police say he refused medical treatment.
There's no telephone number listed for Delgado at his New Haven address.
connecticut, holidays, christmas, trending
- Skydiver injured in Washington Twp. accident 5 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $30K possibly stolen in Target armed robbery 1 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run 3 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 42 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- 70s Return This Week
3 min ago