Christmas trees sought as treat for goats
GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) - December 30, 2013 (WPVI) -- Your trash could become a holiday treat for some goats in western Colorado.
The Top of the Hill Ranch in Collbran, about 40 miles east of Grand Junction, is offering to pick up discarded Christmas trees from nearby homes to give their goats some extra roughage during the winter. Rancher Teresa Fletcher tells a local television station that the goats can devour a tree in less than an hour.
The Little Mooo Ranch in Fruita and the 5-R Livestock Company in Loma are also collecting trees for the goats.
colorado, animals, food, holidays, christmas, wildlife preservation, trending
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 27 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 46 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 17 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
17 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos