Ringing in the new year quietly
NEW YORK (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Silent Night.
It's a concept more associated with Christmas than New Year's Eve - when revelry is the name of the game.
But in New York, while hundreds of thousands crowd Times Square to ring in 2014, not far away, hundreds will gather to see 2013 pass into history without a word.
They will be taking part in a yoga exercise that will see people meditate and reflect in silence.
Participants say it's a way to end the year on a note of tranquility.
new york, new york city, holidays, new year's, trending
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 9 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 27 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!