Ringing in the new year quietly
NEW YORK (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Silent Night.
It's a concept more associated with Christmas than New Year's Eve - when revelry is the name of the game.
But in New York, while hundreds of thousands crowd Times Square to ring in 2014, not far away, hundreds will gather to see 2013 pass into history without a word.
They will be taking part in a yoga exercise that will see people meditate and reflect in silence.
Participants say it's a way to end the year on a note of tranquility.
new york, new york city, holidays, new year's, trending
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup 59 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course 51 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 55 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 44 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
46 min ago