Too many birds in the neighborhood
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Sometimes, it's a cat lover who causes problems.
But this time, people in Cedar Rapids, Iowa are up in arms over a self-proclaimed "bird lover" - who is running a-"fowl" of her neighbors because they say she's luring too many wild birds to her home.
A local television station in Cedar Rapids says Roseanne Dodd has placed several feeders around her rental home.
She also puts seeds on the ground around her home so she can watch birds flock around her.
The birds do more than flock; they also "do" what we all "do" after we eat - and that has caught the attention of housing and health officials.
At least one neighbor has complained.
Dodd has gotten a couple of violation notices from the city.
An official says Cedar Rapids has no rules limiting bird feeders - but can enforce rules on cleanliness and potential health risks.
iowa, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 19 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 43 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos