Very early retirement
GARNER, Iowa (AP) - December 31, 2013 (WPVI) -- Imagine being able to retire after just four years on the job.
That's the fortunate lot of Caesar - a police dog with the Hancock County Sheriff's Department in Iowa.
A local newspaper reports the 10-year-old German shepherd steps down after a career of good service to the department.
During his tenure, he served search warrants, searched vehicles - and chased down the occasional suspect trying to get away.
Caesar came to the sheriff's department after working with his handler for the Forest City Police Department.
The handler, Andrew Klein, will now get ownership of Caesar.
iowa, dogs, police, trending
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 45 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 21 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
45 min ago