Pot users rejoice
DENVER (AP) - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- What a difference a year makes.
Last year, James Aaron Ramsey says he had to serve a jail sentence for having pot.
But after making the drive from Missouri to Colorado, he became one of the first to legally buy some weed yesterday.
He says when he gets back home, he plans to frame the receipt - to remind himself of the possibility that he someday can go to any state in and score weed legally.
He wasn't the only one who literally went to great lengths to be among the first to buy pot the first day it was available legally in Colorado.
Brandon Harris says he was forced into rehab for using pot - only to see his underage friends getting smashed on alcohol all the time.
He drove 20 hours from Ohio to be among the first to get pot legally as sales were launched.
colorado, marijuana, trending
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 9 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
36 min ago