Pot users rejoice
DENVER (AP) - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- What a difference a year makes.
Last year, James Aaron Ramsey says he had to serve a jail sentence for having pot.
But after making the drive from Missouri to Colorado, he became one of the first to legally buy some weed yesterday.
He says when he gets back home, he plans to frame the receipt - to remind himself of the possibility that he someday can go to any state in and score weed legally.
He wasn't the only one who literally went to great lengths to be among the first to buy pot the first day it was available legally in Colorado.
Brandon Harris says he was forced into rehab for using pot - only to see his underage friends getting smashed on alcohol all the time.
He drove 20 hours from Ohio to be among the first to get pot legally as sales were launched.
colorado, marijuana, trending
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 9 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape