Only mature patrons please
ST. LOUIS (AP) - January 2, 2014 (WPVI) -- Usually when you think of an urban bar scene, you think about a place that caters to 20-somethings.
But that isn't the case at the Zodiac Lounge in north St. Louis.
There, being young is looked down upon; in fact, there's a sign on the door asking that customers be at least 35.
The manager, Nathaniel Chunn qualifies - and then some.
He's 70 - and says he put up the sign because he wanted to maintain what he calls "the integrity" of the place.
Most of the patrons are about 70 - and many of them like to sit around and chat about the past.
Another thing worth chatting about at the Zodiac and other bars which have higher drinking ages - there's less trouble.
As one patron put it: "we don't need a metal detector."
missouri, st. louis, trending
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 6 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 1 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?