Police 'like' wanted suspect's Facebook post
FREELAND, Pa. (AP) - January 23, 2014 (WPVI) -- Police in one northeastern Pennsylvania town really "liked" this Facebook post.
Officers in Freeland arrested 35-year-old Anthony Lescowitch on Monday night, less than two hours after he shared a wanted photo of himself and taunted police for not being able to find him, a local newspaper reported Tuesday.
Lescowitch shared the wanted bulletin minutes after Freeland police posted it on the department Facebook page Monday night, authorities said. He was being sought on assault-related charges.
An officer pretending to be an attractive woman then messaged Lescowitch, according to police. Lescowitch refused the offer of a drink but eventually agreed to meet for a cigarette, and was arrested at the agreed-upon location.
After the arrest, police posted this message: "CAPTURED!!!!!! SHARES OUR STATUS ON FACEBOOK ABOUT HIMSELF, CAPTURED 45 MINUTES LATER."
Lescowitch, of Drifton, remained in the Luzerne County Jail Tuesday. Court records don't list a defense attorney for him, but show he faces a preliminary hearing Jan. 29 on charges including aggravated assault, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct stemming from an incident July 14.
pennsylvania news, police, facebook, trending
- Person of interest ID'd in hit-and-run 35 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Camden teen reported missing 43 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 10 min ago
- Flyers rally to beat Rangers 4-2, even series
- Woman's body found in Berks County ID'd 25 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!