Good news for this little girl
CINCINNATI (AP) - January 28, 2014 (WPVI) -- The little gorilla girl is doing just fine.
That's the word from officials at the Cincinnati Zoo.
Gladys was rejected by her mother and humans had to step in.
But zoo keepers say Gladys has been accepted by her adopted gorilla family, after being moved from a zoo in Brownsville, Texas.
Gladys turns one tomorrow and zoo officials say she's happy and thriving.
Zoo keepers tell The Cincinnati Enquirer Gladys and her new family enjoyed some special birthday treats of fruit, rice and sweet potatoes.
ohio, animals, wildlife preservation, trending
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 6 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
6 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
5 min ago
Press Your Luck
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos