iPhone tips and tricks
January 29, 2013 (WPVI) -- Some estimates say we spend half our lives on some sort of technology.
We compiled some shortcuts to get you on and off your iPhone and iPad a little faster.
1. Typing with numbers and letters can be a real pain. But if you click the "123" button and slide up to the character you want to input. When you let go, the screen will jump back to the alphabet keyboard. Now you can go back to forth without even pausing.
2. Using an app and you've scrolled way down, but need to get to the top? Just tap the bar at the top of the app and it instantly takes you to the top.
3. For parents who let their children play with their phone or iPad: You can turn on Guided Access while a child is playing. It keeps them from deleting stuff and going into other apps they shouldn't be in. You can choose the settings based on your kid.
4. If you need a charge quick, putting your iPhone into airplane mode will make it charge twice as fast.
5. This may change the world of selfies as we know it. You don't have to have that awkward arm in your photo. You can take selfies using the remote on your apple earbuds.
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death 3 min ago
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 40 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 6 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
6 min ago