Would-be burglar apparently scared by singing fish
ROCHESTER, Minn. (AP) - February 6, 2014 (WPVI) -- Big Mouth Billy Bass apparently got the best of a would-be burglar in Minnesota.
Authorities in Rochester say the motion-activated singing fish apparently scared off an intruder who tried to break into the Hooked on Fishing bait and tackle shop.
The novelty bass had been hung near the door and would start singing "Take Me to the River" whenever someone entered the shop.
The Olmsted County Sheriff's Office says the fish was found on the floor after the intruder knocked it down while breaking the door to get in late Sunday or early Monday.
Sgt. Tom Claymon tells the a local newspaper that the would-be burglar left without stealing anything, including cash that had been left in "a very visible spot."
minnesota, burglary, dumb criminals, trending
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 43 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 40 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 44 min ago
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 42 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 38 min ago
- Pennsylvania Turnpike pileup exposed gaps, officials say 7 min ago
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures