6abc Holiday Food Drive
Give a little or a ton…of cans. The annual 6abc Holiday Food Drive is back & better than ever – with even more opportunities to donate & help out disadvantaged Delaware Valley residents. Did you know over 600,000 people in the Philadelphia region live below the federal poverty level, including over 200,000 children & 115,000 seniors?
The 6abc Holiday Food Drive is your way to give back & help those most in need. Our collection drive amassed 120,000 pounds of food last year, largely due to our loyal viewers’ generosity and terrific corporate sponsors. Our food drive is one of the largest in the United States – with 18 different counties participating. Philabundance receives all your donated food items and distributes them to over 1,100 area charities.
It should be an exciting event, so we hope you can join us…but 6abc is just getting started. Local Boy Scouts will be hitting the area streets by going house-to-house Saturday, November 10th to place over one million food collection bags on door handles. The following Saturday, November 17th, they will return to pick up your filled bag. Please remember to have your bags ready for pick up outside your door before 9am.
The official start of the holiday season starts on Thursday, November 22nd with the 6abc/Boscov’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. The parade provides another excellent opportunity to donate food to those in need. Spectators are asked to bring their food cans to the parade. Local Boy Scouts will be along the parade route to collect your donation.
6abc/Boscov’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Date: Thursday, November 22nd, 2007
Location, Ben Franklin Parkway, Downtown Philadelphia
6abc’s corporate sponsors provides us with a tremendous amount of support as well as play a key role in our Holiday Food Drive’s success. From November 23rd until December 31st, people can drop off donations at all 6abc Holiday Food Drive sponsor locations including Boscov’s Department Stores and local Dodge Dealers. All Delaware Valley ACME Markets locations will have two easy ways to donate: customers can bring donated canned goods to place in the specially-marked bins or donate when checking out – by selecting a donation coupon and presenting it to the cashier, who will add it to your grocery bill.
Your own office can get involved in our 6abc Holiday Food Drive, too…local companies are invited to place a food drive collection box in their offices to encourage employees to donate. If you are interested in participating in our ‘workplace food drive component’ during the first week of December, please call 610-688-6900 for details.
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 49 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 47 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 51 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 39 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 41 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
51 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks...
47 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
21 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos