The Great Chefs Event
The Great Chefs Event is an annual fundraising event started in 2006 with Philadelphia's greatest chefs coming together to support Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation in the fight against childhood cancer.
In 2007, The Great Chefs Event grew into a national endeavor with several of the greatest chefs from across the country traveling to Philadelphia in support of this event.
This year, The Great Chefs Event will take place on Wednesday, June 18, 2008 at Osteria, 640 North Broad Street in Philadelphia.
About Alex's Lemonade Stand
In 2000, a 4 year old cancer patient named Alexandra "Alex" Scott announced a seemingly simple idea -she was holding a lemonade stand to raise money to help "her doctors" find a cure for kids with cancer. The idea was put into action by Alex and her older brother, Patrick, when they set up the first "Alex's Lemonade Stand for Childhood Cancer" on their front lawn in July of 2000. For the next four years, despite her deteriorating health, Alex held an annual lemonade stand to raise money for childhood cancer research. Following her inspirational example, thousands of lemonade stands and other fundraising events have been held across the country by children, schools, businesses, and organizations, all to benefit Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation for childhood cancer. On August 1st, 2004, Alex died peacefully at the age of 8 -- she had raised over $1 million for childhood cancer research in her short lifetime.
Alex's spirited determination to raise awareness and money for all childhood cancer while she bravely fought her own deadly battle with cancer has inspired thousands of people, from all walks of life to raise money and give to her cause. Alex's family and supporters are committed to continuing her inspiring legacy through Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, a registered 501c3 charity. As of June 2007, Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation has raised over $17 million for childhood cancer research. The result -- Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation has given millions of dollars for childhood cancer research across the country!
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 1 min ago
- Temps Soar 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 4 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 19 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 21 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 11 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
17 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
11 min ago