Tenth Annual Oscar Night- America Gala
PHILADELPHIA, PA (WPVI) -- Volunteers of America Delaware Valley's signature fundraising event, the Tenth Annual Oscar Night® America Gala hosted by TDBank, hopes to break last year's record of $230,559.
The Oscar Night Gala will light up the night at Loew's Philadelphia Hotel, 12th and Market streets, on Sunday, February 22 from 6:30 PM until the final Academy Award is handed out. Proceeds from this year's event will benefit families with limited income, homeless families with special needs, and youth re-entering society from the criminal justice system.
More than 250 expected guests will be treated to a great cocktail hour, a fashion show, red-carpet interviews by 6 ABC reporters, and a chance to win beautiful diamond earrings in our 'diamondtini' contest. Guests will enjoy an elegant dinner while watching the Oscar broadcast; bid on a fantastic array of silent auction items; participate in a live auction; and be eligible for a "Guess the Winner" contest for two tickets to next year's gala.
Since 1995, Oscar Night® America has been designated as the official Academy Awards® Night Fundraiser certified by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. The fundraising program enables participants to support local charities while experiencing the excitement of the Academy Awards®.
The Academy sanctions only one official partnership per city every year. This year 52 cities nationwide will participate.
To make your reservations or learn about our sponsorship opportunities, please call (856) 854-4660 x138 or e-mail Kelli Wright at email@example.com. Proceeds from this year's event will benefit homeless adults with special needs. Volunteers of America is a 501 (c)(3) organization that annually serves more than 11,000 men, women and children in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Click here for more information - www.voadv.org/ONA_09_info.pdf
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 27 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
29 min ago