Tenth Annual Oscar Night- America Gala
PHILADELPHIA, PA (WPVI) -- Volunteers of America Delaware Valley's signature fundraising event, the Tenth Annual Oscar Night® America Gala hosted by TDBank, hopes to break last year's record of $230,559.
The Oscar Night Gala will light up the night at Loew's Philadelphia Hotel, 12th and Market streets, on Sunday, February 22 from 6:30 PM until the final Academy Award is handed out. Proceeds from this year's event will benefit families with limited income, homeless families with special needs, and youth re-entering society from the criminal justice system.
More than 250 expected guests will be treated to a great cocktail hour, a fashion show, red-carpet interviews by 6 ABC reporters, and a chance to win beautiful diamond earrings in our 'diamondtini' contest. Guests will enjoy an elegant dinner while watching the Oscar broadcast; bid on a fantastic array of silent auction items; participate in a live auction; and be eligible for a "Guess the Winner" contest for two tickets to next year's gala.
Since 1995, Oscar Night® America has been designated as the official Academy Awards® Night Fundraiser certified by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences. The fundraising program enables participants to support local charities while experiencing the excitement of the Academy Awards®.
The Academy sanctions only one official partnership per city every year. This year 52 cities nationwide will participate.
To make your reservations or learn about our sponsorship opportunities, please call (856) 854-4660 x138 or e-mail Kelli Wright at email@example.com. Proceeds from this year's event will benefit homeless adults with special needs. Volunteers of America is a 501 (c)(3) organization that annually serves more than 11,000 men, women and children in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware.
Click here for more information - www.voadv.org/ONA_09_info.pdf
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide 22 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 6 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
22 min ago