The 2014 Environmental Community Service Award
Wawa, 6abc and the environmental law firm of Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox, LLP are looking for school classes, clubs or teams (6th to 12th grade students) that currently have a worthwhile environmental community service school project, demonstrating a connection to their community.
The criteria for projects includes, but is not limited to: establishing awareness of our natural and historic resources, and/or promoting community service that focuses on environmental and quality of life issues.
To qualify, classes in 6th grade to 12th grade must meet the following criteria:
Pennsylvania - Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery and Philadelphia
New Jersey - Burlington, Camden, Gloucester, Mercer
Delaware - Kent and New Castle.
Manko, Gold, Katcher & Fox
Attn: Environmental Award
401 City Avenue, Suite 901
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
All mailed applications must also be signed by a school official. (See details on the application form.)
The proposals from schools who meet the criteria above will be reviewed by a panel of judges from: Wawa, 6abc, MGKF, The Franklin Institute, Academy of Natural Sciences, the Fairmount Water Works Interpretive Center and representatives from Pennsylvania and New Jersey's Dept. of Environmental Protection and Delaware's Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control.
The judges will select the top two projects and surprise award presentations will take place at the winning schools sometime prior to Earth Day (April 22, 2014).
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 59 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 13 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 10 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 19 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
11 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
19 min ago