BIG NEWS FOR THE 92nd 6abc THANKSGIVING DAY PARADE
(Philadelphia, PA) June 6, 2011 - -- 6abc proudly announces that America's longest running Thanksgiving Day parade will celebrate its 92nd edition with a new title sponsor - Dunkin' Donuts. "We're thrilled to have Dunkin' Donuts as our new title sponsor of this holiday tradition," says President & General Manager of 6abc, Bernie Prazenica. "Our parade sponsors are a vital component to the parade's success, and they allow us to improve the viewer experience each and every year."
"Dunkin' Donuts has a strong commitment to the Greater Philadelphia Region and to the communities we are proud to keep running every day." says Jacqueline Keown, Manager of Field Marketing, Mid-Atlantic Region, Dunkin' Donuts. "Thanksgiving is a time for family and traditions and Dunkin' Donuts is honored to partner with 6abc this year to present the 6abc Thanksgiving Day Parade -- one of the oldest and most treasured family traditions in Philadelphia."
The 3-1/2 hour telecast of the 6abc Dunkin' Donuts Thanksgiving Day Parade kicks off live at 8:30 a.m. on November 24th on 6abc, and will be syndicated in markets from Philadelphia to North Carolina. The parade also marks the beginning of 6abc's Holiday Food Drive, which will also have Dunkin' Donuts as the title sponsor.
This is the 92nd year of Philadelphia's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Gimbel's started the tradition in 1920. The department store continued to produce the parade until the company went out of business in 1986. That's when WPVI-TV and its corporate sponsors stepped in. 6abc, which produces the parade in its entirety, has continued to build Philadelphia's Thanksgiving Day tradition, adding ABC Network celebrities, stars from stage and screen, Disney characters, and local personalities, including members of the Action News team.
6abc is WPVI-TV, the ABC-owned station serving the tri-state area.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the regular/decaf coffee, iced coffee, hot flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for five years running. The company has more than 9,700 restaurants in 31 countries worldwide. In 2010, Dunkin' Donuts' global system-wide sales were $6 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is a subsidiary of Dunkin' Brands, Inc. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 57 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 40 min ago
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
40 min ago