Marianne Lynch, CFRE, Development Director
Marianne has been the Development Director of Philabundance since April of 2010, but has been a passionate advocate of issues surrounding hunger for more than 12 years. Marianne began her career in non-profits at the Vermont Foodbank, holding positions of Annual Fund Manager, Volunteer Coordinator, Corporate Philanthropic Support and Special Events Coordinator.
After four years of working in this area of human services, Marianne was given an opportunity to become the Executive Director of a reading and mentoring program - Everybody Wins! Vermont. This experience honed her ability to work one on one with board members, corporate and community leaders and other supporters. In addition, she gained valuable leadership and negotiation skills working with multiple school districts. She expanded the program from 12 to 18 schools during her two year tender and increased the volunteer core from 250 to 600 reading mentors.
After giving birth to her second child, Marianne had the opportunity to work for the Secretary of State of Vermont as her assistant. She seized to opportunity to support a woman that she greatly admired and one who had been a mentor as well.
Marianne and her family moved to Pennsylvania where she became the Development Director for Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, PA. In her three years with the organization, she supported them in building almost 20 homes and starting a ReStore (a building material thrift store). Marianne was solely responsible for all development and communications activities of the organization as well as board development and strategic planning.
In her current position, she is responsible for the daily activities of the development department, managing two grant writers, an annual fund manager and a development coordinator as well as an Americorps VISTA. Under her supervision, the department revenue has grown 8% this year.
Marianne has a B.S. in Sociology from Virginia Tech and gained her CFRE in 2009. She currently resides in Bucks County, PA with her husband and two sons.
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle County 1 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed