Contests And Promotions
Join the Reveal of Philly's own "Jami" on 6abc's Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition
April 1, 2013 (WPVI) -- You're invited to be a part of one of our biggest finales yet!
ABC's EXTREME MAKEOVER: WEIGHT LOSS EDITION is filming the big reveal of a local Philadelphia, PA resident's year long weight loss journey on Saturday, April 6th in Philadelphia and we want YOU to be in the audience!
WHEN: Saturday, April 6th from 7:00pm to 11:00pm
WHERE: The Steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum
2600 Benjamin Franklin Pkwy
Philadelphia, PA 19130
DRESS CODE: Please dress nice/casual. NO logos. Do NOT wear all black or all white. Please bring appropriate outdoor clothing.
* Children under 10 will not be admitted. You will be required to sign an appearance release. Anyone under the age of 18 will need a parent/guardian present to sign the appearance release. Entrance will be first come, first served. Prizes will be given away at the end of the finale. This event is closed to the press and no photographs are allowed.
FROM: Philadelphia PA
Born in Santiago, Chile, Jami has always struggled to find her place in the world.
Jami was adopted at age 2 by an American gay couple - who brought her to America. Throughout her life, Jami always felt she was searching to fit in in her predominately white community and family. Adding to the stress was the fact that her parents remained in the closet regarding their sexuality, and taught Jami at an early age that certain things needed to be kept a secret.
Jami has lived her entire life trying to be successful enough to have "earned" her adoption. Hard working, determined, and smart, Jami struggled with issues surrounding her self-image from a young age.
Jami struggles to see herself through her achievements, instead choosing to focus on her failures; her weight being her biggest failure of all.
After high school, her parents separated, and Jami's world shifted -- she dove deeper into her schooling and education where she eventually chose to pursue Education further and obtained a master's degree.
Currently working as a Residence Director or "Mom" to 33 ballet students, Jami knows she is not a strong role model.
When her Biological Mother found her through Facebook 3 years ago, Jami found new hope to get healthy and finally meet her birth mother. She would love nothing more than to look back at the face of the woman who brought her into this world - but is too ashamed at this moment in her life to do so.
More than anything else she desires to fly to Chile and make her Mother proud.
contests and promotions
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 26 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 8 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 4 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 35 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
26 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
4 min ago