Mrs. Fixit: Recover a footstool with a rug
January 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- This threadbare rug isn't much good as a rug anymore, but it has sentimentalvalue so I don't want to just toss it, so I'm going to take some of the less damaged area and use it to recover a stool.
Remove the seat from the stool and flip it over onto the rug. You can choose to use the rug side or the reverse for your project, it's up to you.
Making sure that you're leaving yourself plenty of overlap for securing the rug to the seat, cut out the piece you need for your stool. Put the rest of the rug aside.
Using a staple gun, secure the rug to the seat. Make sure that you pull it taut and tuck the corners in tightly as you work.
When you've secured the edges all the way around, secure the seat back to the leg framework.
You can either leave the seat just like this or you could add some trim or piping around the entire outside of the stool.
I made these two stools from a rug that belonged to my grandmother. It's a great way to preserve a sentimental treasure. I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- Multi-alarm fire at NJ apartment complex 1 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 1 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 49 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster 8 min ago
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos