Mrs. Fixit: New uses for toothpaste
January 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- You use it every day and every night - toothpaste is one of those things that you might take for granted, but you shouldn't limit its use. Toothpaste can help all over your home!
Make sure that for all of these ideas you choose a plain white toothpaste!
In the kitchen, toothpaste removes berry stains from hands, counters, cutting boards and other surfaces.
Just use a little squirt and some hot water. Then rinse thoroughly. Toothpaste will also remove onion and garlic odors from your hands!
A CD with a scratch may be saved with toothpaste. Again, a little toothpaste and some hot water. Wipe the CD from the center outward and then rinse the CD and let it dry. The toothpaste should gently buff out the scratch so the CD will play again.
Back in the bathroom, some toothpaste on a terry washcloth will remove scuffs and stains from white sinks and bathtubs, and you know it won't damage because you use it there every day.
if you feel a blemish starting on your skin, dab a little toothpaste on, let it dry and then wash your face. The toothpaste will help keep that pimple from popping out!
And you've only been using your toothpaste to brush your teeth! I'm Mrs. Fixit and it's just that simple!
mrs. fixit, mrs. fixit
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases